Welcome Students and Parents!
This page will have information regarding Mr. Woodring's 6th Grade Social Studies Class. Please check in frequently here and Google Classroom for class updates. If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm looking forward to a great school year!
The video above will answer most of your questions regarding Mr. Woodring's class. Other questions will be answered when classes start meeting or by emailing me at email@example.com.
Please bring the following items to class with you everyday:
- 3-Ring Binder
- Notebook paper for the binder
- Notebook 3-Hole Punch
- Sharpened Pencils
- Colored Pencils
- Pencil Sharpener
The best habit you can get into is doing what you are supposed to do. Also, check-in on Google Classroom, especially when you miss class.
Students will need to bring to class daily when the computer tablets are issued:
- Tablet Charged
- Charging Cable
- Tablet Bag
2nd Period Snacks
Because it is a long time between breakfast and lunch for 6th Grade students, it was decided students can have a small "working" snack time during 2nd period. My second period students and I came up with the following guidelines regarding snacks.
- Snack time will be during the first few minutes of class while students are working on their class warm-up.
- Snacks should be healthy and nutritious. The sugar content of the snacks should not be over 10grams per serving. In other words no junk foods or candy.
- Snacks should not create a mess in the classroom or on the students. Items that create a lot of crumbs should be avoided because we don't want to attract bugs to the classroom.
- Snacks leaving a residue on students' hands or other places disrupt the learning process because students would have to leave class to wash after eating snacks.
- Students will still only be allowed to drink water in sealed containers during snack time.
- Examples of snacks are
- Fruit such as apple slices, grapes, raisins
- Vegetables such as carrots, celery
- Small crackers such as Goldfish or Cheese Nips
- String Cheese
- Students understand they must clean up after themselves when they finish their snacks.
It is my intention for some form of learning to continue during the Hurricane Irma evacuation. All assignments will be on Google Classroom. The first assignment is a photo scavenger hunt to gather photos needed for project that will be assigned next week. The list of the kinds of photos students need to take is on Google Classroom. I hope all of your families will be safe in the coming days.